Fully Washed, Sun Dried
This El Salvador is a great find from Finca Las Brisas!
A premium micro-lot coffee from 4th generation coffee grower Jose Enrique Gutierrez.
This is an extremely well-balanced and mellow to medium bodied coffee; the result of years of experience, and stringent growing and processing practices.
This stunning micro-lot El Salvador offers a well expected sweetness and soft acidity.
The aroma is nutty and inviting, the mouth-feel is balanced where notes of chocolate abound (milk to bitter-sweet depending on roast).
The body is surprisingly heavy but yields to a softer, brown sugar tinged finish (particularly as the cup cools).
Grown in the Apaneca Ilamatepeq Mountain Range, which has a reputation for great quality and award winning coffees, this El Salvador Las Brisas will not disappoint!
Roast Level / Profile Notes:
Without hesitation we prefer the lighter roasts for this El Salvador. Upon reflection and cupping, we settled here because of the complexity and milk chocolate notes.
The lighter roasts will also bring out the soft acidity which yields the great balance.
As always, we are happy to accommodate any roast level you prefer.
- City Roast - The brightest acidity and complexity will be found here. Lighter milk chocolate body and brown sugar finish are most noticeable.
- Full City Roast - The body will deepen here and the balanced sweet spot between depth and brightness prevails. Chocolate notes become a bit more like cocoa nibs, aromatics are nice and a sweet finish will linger.
- Full City (+) Roast - Here the body becomes heavier and the chocolate becomes more like dark chocolate. Acidity is quite tempered and the finish is akin to caramelized sugar.
- Darker Roasts - The darker roasts will create that syrupy, deep body and virtually remove any noticeable acidity. Best for single origin espresso.
This crop is traceable to grower Jose Enrique Gutierrez and Finca Las Brisas .
Finca Las Brisas is located in the Apaneca-Ilamatepec mountain range of El Salvador in the Concepcion de Ataco municipality of the Ahuachapan department.
Finca Las Brisas is one of 5 farms owned by 4th generation coffee grower Jose Enrique Gutierrez who employs around 70 people year round and 150 during harvest.
Jose spares no effort to preserve the surrounding environments of his farms.
For 75 years the cultivation of native shade and fruit trees has offered shelter for diverse fauna provided shade for the coffee trees.
Additionally, Jose uses only biological fungi to control pests and diseases.
Employees have access to healthcare and land is provided for them to grow crops of corn and beans in order to help them have an extra stream of income and food security.
Excellent Practices and an Outstanding Coffee!!
- Origin: El Salvador
- Region: Apaneca
- Sub-Region: Concepcion de Ataco < Ahuachapan
- Traceable to: Jose Enrique Gutierrez and Finca Las Brisas
- Production Type: Micro Lot
- Processing: Washed
- Drying: Sun dried on raised beds
- Wet / Dry Mill: El Carmen
- Coffee Grade / Size: SHG EP / 16 Up
- Elevation: 3,609 ft.
- Varietal: Bourbon, Caturra, Pacas