This week (6/11/2018) I have roasted 3, well really 4, different coffees for myself.
- Congo - Kivu Kahondo
- Ethiopian Sidamo Natural
- Maui Red Catuai
All of these we have in stock.
The fourth is a new Organic Papua New Guinea that will be available in the next week or two.
What I can tell you for sure is that if you like the PNG we have now, you are going to love this one.
Sweet, smooth, buttery mouth-feel, medium-bodied goodness!
Keep your eye out for more details in our next Newsletter.
- Congo - Full City (+) Roast:
- Sometimes I get in the mood for a French Pressed coffee, and Congo is one of the first coffees I go to. In the FC (+) roast this coffee has a very pronounced, deep body, with good character. In the Press, because there is no filter, all of the flavor attributes come through. Just a fantastic, big cup! I should also mention we are down to about 10-15 lbs. of this...
- Ethiopian Sidamo - Full City Roast:
- Another great African coffee, but almost the opposite in every way from the Congo. The body is medium to soft, very, very smooth, nice notes of fruit, and a fantastic aroma. While it will do well at a FC (+), I wanted to counter the Congo with Full City. This particular Sidamo, even though it is a natural, cups more like a washed coffee. Stock level is about 20-25 lbs.
- Maui Red Catuai - Full City Roast:
- Of the 3 Maui coffees we have in, this is the washed process offering. What does that mean? A bit deeper body, a little less fruit. Natural processed coffees (like the Sidamo) dry the beans in the sun with the fruit mucilage still on the beans. In general, this will impart more pronounced fruit tones and a bit brighter cup. Washed coffee, as you might expect, washed the fruit mucilage from the beans prior to drying. This will typically yield a deeper body and a more rounded cup. In the end, though, it is an Island coffee with great flavor and character. Oh, and of course grown right here in the good old USA !
Well there you have it. If you have not tried these coffees, give them a try. You won't be disappointed